Hypnos - Beta 3 Release Notes
- Update available notifications (unobtrusive and can be disabled)
- LastFM integration -- scrobbling, love, and unlove.
- Windows: installer instead of zip
- Filter boxes feel smoother and don't cause UI to choke for large libraries
- 'Go to Album' menu option -- finds the album for a track, highlights it in the library album pane (Ctrl + G)
- Linux: Show loading placeholders in library at start, if needed
- Allow exporting of the current list or playlist as a folder of files, named intelligently (copied)
- Windows: proper process name
- Filter Box replacing Jump Box on current list (Hotkey: F)
- Hotkeys for Library Searches (Ctrl + 1, Ctrl + 2, Ctrl + 3)
- Ctrl + F searches whichever table is currently selected
- Hotkey for Lyric for this song (Shift + L)
- Improved lyrics search
- Allow library panes to be hidden (maybe you don't use playlists, etc.)
- Improved interaction with filterboxes and tables -- down arrow works as expected now
- Save table settings and sort settings from session to session
- View Last Log button
- Remove all unnecessary disk writes, significantly improving performance.
- Update library code to reduce CPU spikes
- Linux: Properly handled CLI arguments
- Improved "open with" support
- Hover effects on transport buttons
- Add bug report link to about tab
- Escape now closes all popup windows
- Improved misc. error notifications for the user
- m4a playback speed fixed.
- Mono mp3 playback fixed.
- Oggs seek better.
- Drag and drop of large images to hypnos from web works now
- Windows: populate global hotkey list on launch
- Ignore missing files with tag editor on multiple selection, to avoid failure
- UI style wasn't loading if the hypnos proram directory had a space in it. Fixed.
- Splitpane divider position on linux on first launch now sane
- Use GZip when saving / loading very large current lists, to avoid long exit and load times
- Loading images from tags wasn't always working. Is now.
- Show that the current list has been shuffled if a subset of tracks are shuffled
I hope to release one more beta and then finally version 1. I have a handful of remaining issues I know about, and I'm sure there are plenty of bugs I haven't found yet.
- ALAC support
- m4b support
- Improved OGG support
- Improved library updater -- make it faster and less resource intensive
- Improved library updater -- provide a status to user, and maybe let them pause.
- Smaller memory footprint
- Drag and drop from hypnos to other locations, like desktop or file browser
- Minimize to tray Icon for systems that support it
- Reduce the size of the executable file
- Fix a big pile of small bugs
- Windows - Pinning to taskbar doesn't seem to work great at the moment.
Hypnos - Beta 2 Release Notes
- Lyrics Search / Display (Press L)
- Jump Box (Press J)
- "Play Next" feature - puts at front of queue (Shift + Q)
- Hide any columns you don't prefer to see (right click on column header)
- Additional options when you right click queue button
- Edit tag-embedded images with tag editor window
- Album titles have colors for disc, subtitle, and release type
- Previous and Next buttons for tag editor window
- Drag and Drop labels for album and artist pane, making it easier to know where to drop
- Smart alpha numeric sorting (Disc 10 is now after Disc 9 instead of Disc 1)
- Hide library and art pane option - double click dividers or use hotkeys (Ctrl + L / Ctrl + K)
- Better column resizing, respect users's preferences and avoid resizing columns that should stay a fixed width
- Unified hotkeys across program with tab in settings to list
- Fix volume max on windows.
- Fix volume slider feel (now logarithmic) for linux and windows.
Changes / Improvements
- Alert and show main window if you try to launch a second instance
- Current list menu to reduce button clutter
- Smaller volume button
- Art pane can be 0 height
- Improved split pane resizing when window is resized
- Alerts are now all skinned
- Make sure hypnos fits the screen when showing at low resolutions
- Improve the dark theme in places
- Only show simple album name in track table.
- Improved album loading, fix some corner cases where an album was falsely rejected
- Linux process is now named hypnos instead of java
- Print exception stack trace to log for better debugging
- Name threads for better debugging
- Icons for child windows in Windows.
- Significantly decrease memory usage
- Loading m3us at commandline works now
- Tag window resizes content properly
- Solve the "playback lock" bug
- Current List Playing indicator always works nowk, stop always removes it.
- Fix volume / unmute bug
- Always hide library tab pane dropdown menu
- Play used to not start after current list finished until you tried twice. Fixed.
- Current list play/pause buttons changes theme immediately
- Global hotkey bring to front toggle now is two steps instead of three (linux 64 bit, windows and 32bit next release)
- OSX not supported for the time being. I don't have an OSX development / testing machine, and seeing all of the small bugs I had to fix in windows made me convinced that it's not responsible to write software for an OS that I can't test on myself. I'd like to work on an OSX version and I bet it wouldn't be too hard to get hypnos running well there, but I need regular access to the platform to do that.
- Decoding for non-flac files is still pretty spotty. Going to be rewriting all decoders at some point.
- Column order, width, and sort preferences are not saved from session to session
- Memory and CPU usage is still higher than it needs to be. Rewriting the library loader should fix this
- Global hotkeys on windows are a little finicky. On linux they aren't consumed.
- Double clicking a columns header divider to shrink wrap column content breaks the 100% width rule, any small resize repairs
- Linux Only - After a dialog appears, main window cannot be drag-resized. Known javafx bug, still looking for workaround
- Windows 7 or earlier - Unicode characters don't display correctly.
- I don't think an album falsely ID'd as an album can be made un-albumed unless you edit the tags and then reload library
Hypnos - Beta 1 Release Notes
- Dark Color Theme
- Volume Control
- Settings Window
- Read images from tags
- Global Hotkeys
- Tag Error Window
- User friendly log
- M3U Support - import and export
- UI setting persistence
- Library Load Speed user controls
- Improved UI Images
- Current Track hover info
- A million. Too many to list.
Known Issues / Bugs
- Current list play/pause buttons don't change theme colors immediately, need new track to start
- Bring to front toggle has three steps instead of two - java bug, looking for workaround
- Bad default window size on small screens (<= 800x600).
- mp4s don't decode at proper speeds all the time
- Some codecs not fully supported or not supported
- Tables scroll a little bit while library is loading
- Linux Only - After a dialog appears, main window cannot be drag-resized. Known javafx bug, looking for workaround