Hypnos - Beta 2 Release Notes
- Lyrics Search / Display (Press L)
- Jump Box (Press J)
- "Play Next" feature - puts at front of queue (Shift + Q)
- Hide any columns you don't prefer to see (right click on column header)
- Additional options when you right click queue button
- Edit tag-embedded images with tag editor window
- Album titles have colors for disc, subtitle, and release type
- Previous and Next buttons for tag editor window
- Drag and Drop labels for album and artist pane, making it easier to know where to drop
- Smart alpha numeric sorting (Disc 10 is now after Disc 9 instead of Disc 1)
- Hide library and art pane option - double click dividers or use hotkeys (Ctrl + L / Ctrl + K)
- Better column resizing, respect users's preferences and avoid resizing columns that should stay a fixed width
- Unified hotkeys across program with tab in settings to list
- Fix volume max on windows.
- Fix volume slider feel (now logarithmic) for linux and windows.
Changes / Improvements
- Alert and show main window if you try to launch a second instance
- Current list menu to reduce button clutter
- Smaller volume button
- Art pane can be 0 height
- Improved split pane resizing when window is resized
- Alerts are now all skinned
- Make sure hypnos fits the screen when showing at low resolutions
- Improve the dark theme in places
- Only show simple album name in track table.
- Improved album loading, fix some corner cases where an album was falsely rejected
- Linux process is now named hypnos instead of java
- Print exception stack trace to log for better debugging
- Name threads for better debugging
- Icons for child windows in Windows.
- Significantly decrease memory usage
- Loading m3us at commandline works now
- Tag window resizes content properly
- Solve the "playback lock" bug
- Current List Playing indicator always works nowk, stop always removes it.
- Fix volume / unmute bug
- Always hide library tab pane dropdown menu
- Play used to not start after current list finished until you tried twice. Fixed.
- Current list play/pause buttons changes theme immediately
- Global hotkey bring to front toggle now is two steps instead of three (linux 64 bit, windows and 32bit next release)
- OSX not supported for the time being. I don't have an OSX development / testing machine, and seeing all of the small bugs I had to fix in windows made me convinced that it's not responsible to write software for an OS that I can't test on myself. I'd like to work on an OSX version and I bet it wouldn't be too hard to get hypnos running well there, but I need regular access to the platform to do that.
- Decoding for non-flac files is still pretty spotty. Going to be rewriting all decoders at some point.
- Column order, width, and sort preferences are not saved from session to session
- Memory and CPU usage is still higher than it needs to be. Rewriting the library loader should fix this
- Global hotkeys on windows are a little finicky. On linux they aren't consumed.
- Double clicking a columns header divider to shrink wrap column content breaks the 100% width rule, any small resize repairs
- Linux Only - After a dialog appears, main window cannot be drag-resized. Known javafx bug, still looking for workaround
- Windows 7 or earlier - Unicode characters don't display correctly.
- I don't think an album falsely ID'd as an album can be made un-albumed unless you edit the tags and then reload library
Hypnos - Beta 1 Release Notes
- Dark Color Theme
- Volume Control
- Settings Window
- Read images from tags
- Global Hotkeys
- Tag Error Window
- User friendly log
- M3U Support - import and export
- UI setting persistence
- Library Load Speed user controls
- Improved UI Images
- Current Track hover info
- A million. Too many to list.
Known Issues / Bugs
- Current list play/pause buttons don't change theme colors immediately, need new track to start
- Bring to front toggle has three steps instead of two - java bug, looking for workaround
- Bad default window size on small screens (<= 800x600).
- mp4s don't decode at proper speeds all the time
- Some codecs not fully supported or not supported
- Tables scroll a little bit while library is loading
- Linux Only - After a dialog appears, main window cannot be drag-resized. Known javafx bug, looking for workaround